CMS Content Sync provides an easy-to-use Drupal 8 Views integration that provides a better overview to the content managers, showing when a content was exported/imported last or if a content has been edited locally and not yet pushed.
The CMS Content Sync Views integration requires the following modules to be enabled:
- Dynamic Entity Reference (https://www.drupal.org/project/dynamic_entity_reference).
Follow these steps to enable the CMS Content Sync Views integration.
- Install the CMS Content Sync submodule "CMS Content Sync - Views"
- Once the module is enabled, the entity status information can easily be added to every entity overview that is based on a view. Here's an example how it can be added to the default content overview-
- Go to the Views overview page
- Go to the "Content" View edit page
- Add a new field to the view page
- Search for "Sync State", select the field and click on "Add and configure fields"
- Click "Apply"
- Save the Views page
- Return to the "Content Overview" page
- The synchronisation information is now shown at the overview and provides useful information for your content managers.
- Depending on whether a content has been exported or imported the provided information looks differently to match the use case-
- The content on this screenshot has been imported, by clicking on the "here" link, the user will be redirected to the source instance that has created this content.